The Mule 50k! Sheffield, Illinois
Point to point night time trail race!
October 7th: 5 pm start
• No pacers for the 50k.
• You will need a headlamp
Location: Lock 22, 1750N Park Split, Sheffield
GPS coordinates: 41.4008686, -89.7981585
We like big bling and we can not lie! Earn that 50k medal! We are pretty stoked about the medal- it glows in the dark, and has a removable key chain.
AWARDS- We LOVE sweet swag!
• Generous amount of time to finish- you have until 1pm Sunday.
• Prize money for top male & female- $50.00 (your pro if you win!)
• Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall male & female
• Age group awards for 1st in AG- 10 year AG spans
• Night time 50k is getting it's own special design shirt. Designed by Leslie Mitchell of Mitchell Design.
Night time 50k Information: Starts at Aid station 14 which is called Candyland Aid station (this course is 32.7 miles)
Finish line is same finish line as 100 mile runners
Optional bus service to starting line- 2:30pm pick up at Timbrook Field/ which is the 100 mile & 50k finish line. The bus drives you to the starting line at Candyland aid station. That way you finish at your car.
We allow you to start late- good option if you plan to pace a 100 mile runner.
Bib pick up has 2 choices: Pre-race meeting Friday night - Or - pick up bib at race starting line. Shirts will be passed out at finish line if you pick up bib at race day.
Drop bag will be available at aid station 18. You can leave at packet pick up Friday. Please mark with name, aid station, and race distance.